Component Tracking Training
Railinc has training resources and reference materials to help rail industry participants learn about the Component Tracking program and associated tasks. Railinc strongly recommends that industry participants watch the program overview demo, review slides from past webinars, and review reference materials and technical documentation. Be sure to turn on/up your speakers to hear the presentations. See Reference Materials for additional resources.
Component Tracking Program Overview Video
The Component Tracking program (formerly known as CEPM) is a multi-phase, multi-year initiative to create an industry process and related technology tools for capturing data around railcar equipment components. This video covers the following topics:
- Component Tracking program objectives
- Component Tracking program benefits
- Component Tracking process flow
- Industry timelines
Be sure to turn on/up your speakers to hear the presentation:
Click here to watch the Component Tracking Program Overview video now.
Component Tracking Task Demos
Railinc has developed specific task-related demos to help you learn the core functions of the Component Tracking application. Each demo takes approximately three minutes or less to view.
Component Tracking Webinar Resources
Since the launch of the Component Tracking program in 2011, Railinc has offered free webinars to help industry partipants learn critical component tracking tasks and meet associated industry requirements. The slides from past webinars, posted below, present an overview the program and related processes.
- Field/Partial Registration of Wheelsets: This session covers the process for how to register in your inventory a wheelset that does not have an existing barcode from the wheelshop. Click here to download slides from this webinar.
- Associating a Component: This session provides an understanding of the requirements needed to associate a component to a piece of equipment via CRB, EHMS or the Umler system. Click here to download slides from this webinar.
- Component Registration of Side Frames, Bolsters and Couplers: This session discusses component registration of side frames, bolsters and couplers and will cover the reporting of these components in the application. Click here to download slides from this webinar.
- Introduction to CEPM-Wheelsets and Barcoding Specifications: This session covers basic information about the program's Wheelsets phase and how to begin registering components. Click here to download the slides from this webinar.
- Component Registration Requirements for Wheel Shops and OEMs: This session provides wheel shops and OEMs with an overview of requirements associated with component registration, component barcoding and data requirements. Click here to download the slides from this webinar.
- OEM Barcoding, Wheel Shop Registration and Repair Shop Reporting Requirements for Component Tracking: This session covers barcoding requirements for OEMs, wheelset registration for wheel shops and reporting requirements for repair shops. Special attention was given to barcoding standards to help OEMs meet barcoding requirements. Click here to download the slides from this webinar.
- Component Tracking User Guide
- Component Tracking Reference Materials
- Component Tracking Training
- Component Tracking Capabilities
- Get Started with Component Tracking
- Component Tracking for Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Component Tracking for Repair Shops
- Component Tracking for Software Providers
- Component Tracking for Wheel Shops