Junction Interchange File
The Junction Interchange File (JUNC) is the basis for identification of inter-carrier activities. This file contains records for each junction abbreviation and pairs of reporting marks that interchange at that junction. It also describes physical locations and defines the types of activities which occur at that location including:
Per diem relief points
Rail to rubber interchange
Traditional rail to rail interchange.
Information systems that depend and validate using the Junction Interchange Reference File are: REN/PRDB (Rate EDI Network/Price Database), Interline Settlement System (ISS) and the Route Industry Reference File (ROUTE).
For more information about ordering this and other Railinc publications, see Railinc Publications.
- JUNC User Guide
- JUNC Glossary of Terms
- JUNC File Tape Layout
- Summary of Interchange Types
- Car Hire Rule 5 Update Guide
- JUNC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Background of JUNC
- JUNC Data Elements Definitions
- JUNC Interchange Update Request Form and Instructions
- JUNC Settlement/Handling Carrier Form and Instructions
- CSM Interchange Contact List